Privacy Statement - FAQ
We never sell your data to third parties.
To provide the best products and services we utilize our global organization and a global network of trusted partners. This means that we may - from time to time - share your data (all or selected parts) within the Scania Group as well as with trusted business partners that help us.
Typical examples include:
- when you buy something in Scania Webshop we share some data with partners that handle your payment or delivers the packages to you.
- we may process your data in IT-systems that are developed, delivered or hosted by our external IT-partners
- we may use third parties to help us organize events that you participate in, to provide you with hotel, transports etc.
- when you call our Emergency Assistance we may share your data with third parties such as for example towing companies
In those cases where we need to share your data with our business partners, we ensure that they treat your data with the same respect and integrity as we do.
If required by law we may share your data with public authorities.
Scania is a global company with operations in over 100 countries. To provide the best products and services we utilize our global organization and a global network of trusted partners. This means that we might choose sometimes to process your data (all or selected parts) inside as well as outside of the European Union. When doing so we always comply with existing regulations and ensure that your data is handled in a secure way. If your data is transferred out of the European Union this is done using appropriate safe guards.
In this context ‘processing’ mean any operation or set of operations on personal data such as; collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We are committed to always protecting your data, we will take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational security measures to adequately protect the personal data that we process against manipulation, loss, destruction or unlawful access.
Our security measures are continuously improved in line with the development of available security products & services.
We keep your data only as long as necessary to:
- fulfil our contractual obligations towards you
- fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected
- fulfil our legal obligations
You can request a registry extract showing what personal data we process regarding you. Once we have confirmed your identity, the extract will be handed over to you in a secure way.
You have the right to update your information to ensure that we always have the correct information.
You may, without undue delay, have your personal data deleted if any of the following conditions apply:
- If the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
- If you have objected to its use and there are no other legitimate grounds for us to use it.
- If the processing is based solely on your consent and you revoke your consent.
- If deletion is required to fulfil a legal obligation.
You are always entitled to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing. This is an absolute right, which means that if you object or unsubscribe, we are going to stop all further use of your data for direct marketing.
You also have the right to object to any processing that we base on legitimate interest. You must then specify in detail what you object to and why. The processing will then stop unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the individual; or show that our processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You are entitled to request a temporary limitation on processing your data. Processing may be limited in the following situations:
- When you believe your data is incorrect and you have therefore requested a correction with us. You may then request that processing of your data be limited while we validate if your data is incorrect.
- When the data processing is illegal, but you oppose to your data being deleted and instead request that the use of these data be restricted.
- When you need your data to be able to determine, enforce or defend legal claims, even if we no longer need your data for the purpose of our processing.
You are entitled to obtain the data you have provided to us in order to process it elsewhere. This right only applies in cases where our processing of your data is based on the legal ground that you have given your consent to the data processing or if you have entered into a contract with us.
If you believe your data is being processed in violation of current regulations, please report it to us as soon as possible. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your country.
If you have any questions or concerns you are always welcome to contact us?here?or talk to your Scania contact.